NEED LEGAL HELP?
Kyl J. Kirby is a federal law attorney that handles international trade (import, export, FCPA) matters. Having been in your shoes, I understand the pressure that comes with regulatory compliance and the need for quick resolution to keep the business operational. I am here to find workable solutions!
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Tackling complex regulatory issues & seeing them through
My service offerings cover the full spectrum of import and export matters for clients both big and small.
Commitment to create value for quick resolution
In working with me you will pay super competitive rates which are hourly or monthly tiered pricing to serve as your go-to for less frequent issues or as your day-to-day resource.
Personal service that you deserve
I work with all clients personally and you will never be handed off. I’m here to help you navigate the complexities of rough governmental waters.
export control matters handled
- Export trade regulations and issues
- Legal opinions and guidance
- Agency commodity jurisdiction and classification requests
- Voluntary disclosures, settlement negotiations, and agency enforcement actions
- Export Compliance Program (manual, procedures, training, recordkeeping)
- Export audits
- Operational procedures:
- ITAR registrations, notifications of changes, brokering activities, and Part 130 reporting
- ITAR (category/subcategory) and EAR (Export Classification Control Number (ECCN))/schedule b classifications
- Export control license/agreement determination (Commerce, State, OFAC), applications, amendments, accompanying attachments, rider or conditions
- Operational procedures (cont.):
- Encryption and technology transfers, and software export/re-export rules/filings
- Denied/restricted party screening
- Automated Export System (AES) filings
- INCOTERMS interpretations
- Sanctions, embargoes, and anti-boycott compliance
- Detentions/holds, seizures, and seizure options (petition for remission of forfeiture, offer in compromise, abandon, court action)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA):
- Internal investigations
- Proposed business transactions
- Compliance policies and procedures