NEED LEGAL HELP?
Kyl J. Kirby is a federal law attorney that handles international trade (import, export, FCPA) matters. Having been in your shoes, I understand the pressure that comes with regulatory compliance and the need for quick resolution to keep the business operational. I am here to find workable solutions!
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Tackling complex regulatory issues & seeing them through
My service offerings cover the full spectrum of import and export matters for clients both big and small.
Commitment to create value for quick resolution
In working with me you will pay super competitive rates which are hourly or monthly tiered pricing to serve as your go-to for less frequent issues or as your day-to-day resource.
Personal service that you deserve
I work with all clients personally and you will never be handed off. I’m here to help you navigate the complexities of rough governmental waters.
import control matters handled
- Customs and import trade regulations and issues
- Section 232 steel and aluminum exclusion requests
- Section 301 China tariff exclusion requests/mitigation/reduction
- Anti-dumping/countervailing duty (investigation petitions, scope rulings, changed circumstances reviews, new shipper reviews)
- Detentions/holds, seizures, and seizure options (petition for remission of forfeiture, offer in compromise, abandon, court action)
- Prior disclosure, penalties, fines, liquidated damages mitigation/reduction
- Legal opinions and guidance
- Rulings (HTS classification, country of origin, valuation, marking)
- Agency enforcement actions, CF 28/29 responses, investigations, focused assessments and other regulatory audits
- Importer Self-Assessment (ISA) program guidance and compliance
- Importer compliance practices (informed compliance, reasonable care, internal reviews, manuals, procedures, training, recordkeeping)
- Customs operational procedures (INCOTERMS interpretations, Importer Security Filing, entry of goods, shipping documents, assessment of value (including first sale), classifications, item/container marking)
- Import audits
- Duty protests, drawback (refund)/reconciliation programs, exemptions, and reductions
- Other agency requirements, prohibitions, restrictions, licenses, and permits
- Foreign-Trade Zones/Customs bonded warehouses
- NAFTA (certificates of origin, advance rulings, verification, determinations, appeals) and other free trade agreements programs
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)